While the Odenton Town Center and Arundel Mills area offer the most concentrated mixed-use development in West Anne Arundel County, major developments are occurring in other areas as well.
Severn Community Health and Wellness Center
The Severn Community Health and Wellness Center is a 32,000 square-foot, not-for-profit healthcare and community facility, designed by the architectural firm of Perkins & Will (preliminary drawing shown on right.) It will be located adjacent to the Van Bokkelen Elementary School at 1140 Reece Road, near Fort Meade. The building is two centers in one: a People’s Community Health Center side of the building that will provide affordable, quality medical and dental services so urgently needed by the community. The Community Center side will feature a computer room, full gym, before and after-school child care and study facilities, and a wide variety of recreational, educational, and job-training services that are being planned with input from our many partners and from YOU – the community. The café, community garden, and teaching kitchen space will be a place of learning, fun, conversation, and empowerment.
Final drawings are underway. “Like Us” on Facebook to see the floor plans as they are finalized and to get news of milestones as the land is cleared and building begins, with ground-breaking in 2014 and doors opening in 2015. (https:www.facebook.com/buildinghopepeoples). For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, 410.352.7394 or 410.467.6040 ext. 2007
Village South at Waugh Chapel
Located just off MD 198 and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, convenient to Ft. Meade or commutes in any direction, Arundel Gateway is a 1600-home mixed-use development with 250,000 sf of retail and 150,000 sf of office/hotel space. Developed by Ribera Development, LLC and Greenberg Gibbons. For development information, visit Ribera Development.
National Business Park
The National Business Park (NBP) is located at the intersection of MD Routes 295 (Baltimore-Washington Parkway) and 32, directly across from Fort George G. Meade. The 400-acre park is owned and operated by Corporate Office Properties Trust (COPT). With a focus on technically sophisticated buildings that meet the unique requirements of COPT’s core tenant base, NBP attracts both government and top-tier defense contractor tenants.