Hanover, Maryland, home of the Arundel Mills Mall completed in November 2000, is one of western Anne Arundel County’s fastest growing areas. Hotels, office complexes, satellite shopping, and residential communities have continued to develop around the Mall since it opened. Among the newest are Arundel Preserve and Maryland Live! Casino, which opened in 2012.
Arundel Mills Mall
Arundel Mills Mall itself is a value-shopping destination with 17 anchors and over 225 specialty stores that feature outlet, discount and specialty retailers, themed restaurants and entertainment covering just over 1.5 million square feet. Drawing 14 million visitors a year, it is Maryland’s #1 tourist destination. For leasing information, visit Arundel Mills Property Highlights. An aerial view including surrounding development can be found at Arundel Mills Fact Sheet.
Maryland Live! Casino
The latest development at Arundel Mills is the new Maryland Live! Casino, Maryland's most exciting gaming and entertainment experience, opened in June 2012. The $500 million multi-use complex spans 12 acres, and includes slot machines, a full range of table games, poker room, nationally-acclaimed restaurants, an entertainment venue and other first-class amenities. For additional information, visit Maryland Live! Casino. Opportunities are available on an ongoing basis for Employment and Vendors.
Additional elements include:
- The Town Center at Arundel Preserve, a smart-growth project of approximately 1.3 million square feet of LEED Silver-designed, mixed-use development. Phase I (including The Hotel at Arundel Preserve, Residences at Arundel Preserve, 171,000 sf of Class-A office space and 45,000 sf of ground-level retail) is already complete as is the Palisades at Arundel Preserve, Anne Arundel County's tallest building; Phase II will add an additional 700,000 sf of complementary uses, incliding several additional office buildings.
- The Shops at Arundel Preserve, conveniently located “Main Street” retail.
- The Corporate Center at Arundel Preserve, a 63-acre, master-planned office park.
- The Enclave, 47 single family homes constructed by Toll Brothers.
- The Arbors at Arundel Preserve, a luxury apartment complex by Bozzuto Development.
Anne Arundel Community College at Arundel Mills (AMIL)
Arundel Mills is also home also to Anne Arundel Community College’s STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Program, new CyberCenter, and the AACC University Consortium, a select group of four year colleges and universities that partner with AACC to offer baccalaureate and graduate degrees at AACC sites. These programs have been designed to meet the needs of the expanding intelligence and defense sectors associated with growth at Fort Meade. Other programs located at AACC-AMIL include the Physician’s Assistant Program and the TEACH Institute and Parenting Center.