The West Anne Arundel County Chamber of Commerce is the primary business resource and advocate as the area experiences exponential growth.
We accomplish our mission through four core strategies:
Be the voice for the West County business community on issues impacting our area.
Provide information about member businesses to those who can use their services.
Keep our members up-to-date on area issues and trends.
Offer opportunities for members to meet and do business, as well as support community needs.
2011 Key Accomplishments
- Led construction of a fabulous new playground at Fort Meade, and helped develop the Fort Meade Community Covenant Council to encourage further interaction between the Post and local community organizations.
- Created a high-quality display marketing the Odenton Town Center which has been used at conferences and community events throughout the region, including the DISA Partner Conference in Baltimore.
- Increased the size and scope of the Chamber’s Relocation & Business Directory due to expanded member advertising – and next year’s directory, which will be produced by What’s Up Magazine, will be distributed to over 60,000 readers of that magazine in addition to our regular distribution!
- Created online orientations for Chamber members, Board members, and Committee chairmen that will be accessible through our website. Thanks to Anne Arundel Community College for their help!
- Instituted the popular “BRAC Breakfast Briefs” (now “Beyond BRAC”) to share information about growth at Ft. Meade, with record attendance causing us to have to relocate to accommodate the crowds.
- Continued to be the voice of the Odenton Town Center and area development for the news media and the county, and an advocate for transportation and infrastructure improvements in support of continued growth at Ft. Meade.
- Moved into a new, more accessible office, allowing the Board and committees to meet at the Chamber and increasing visibility and foot traffic significantly.
Among the plans we have for 2012 are:
- Celebrating the Chamber’s 50th anniversary with special events and enhanced branding;
- Launching a new website highlighting the Chamber’s role in West County and better connecting users to resources, whether they are businesses, residents, visitors, or relocating;
- Adding a Mobile App to make accessing West County Chamber resources “on the go” even easier;
- Promoting a “Buy Local” program to encourage residents to keep their dollars working in our local community;
- Continuing to highlight the tremendous growth and progress taking place in our area, while not neglecting the infrastructure needed to support it.
For more information on the Chamber’s accomplishments on behalf of the area, download our Annual Report and Program of Work.